Event Code of Conduct
H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival & CthulhuCon General Policies and Code of Conduct
By entering our events, all attendees accept our General Policies and agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Attendees must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. Harassing or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to revoke, without refund, the membership and badge of any attendee not in compliance with this policy.
The following will be considered harassment: physical or verbal threats, unwelcome attention, stalking, use of physical force, behavior that creates a disturbance or is dangerous, including lewd or offensive behavior or language, sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, obscene gestures, use of racial, religious, sexual, gender, ability, or ethnic slurs. If a person tells you “no,” your business with them is done. Attire is not consent. If you continue to attempt to have contact with that person, you may be removed from the premises for the remainder of the event.
Reporting Harassment or Conduct Violations
Persons finding themselves in a situation where they feel their safety is at risk or who become aware of an attendee not in compliance with this policy should immediately locate a festival volunteer or theater staff member, so that the matter can be handled in an expeditious manner. As an attendee, if you witness harassment, threatening behavior, or other inappropriate conduct, we encourage you to speak up and say something. We want to come together as a community, look out for one another, and ensure everyone is treated with respect.
General Event Policies
- We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention or festival.
- You must wear your valid event badge or wristband visibly at all times to attend the event.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are acting outside the code of conduct. You may be barred for a specific amount of time or for the remainder of the event.
- If an individual breaks the law – city, state or federal – the authorities will be called.
- During the event, the official photographer will be taking photographs. As an attendee, you may be photographed during this process. We use these photographs for promotional purposes only. If you do not wish to be photographed, please let our photographer know immediately.
- If you are taking photographs of attendees, please respect those that do not wish to be photographed or recorded by asking permission to take pictures. In the past, we have had some attendees who are sensitive to camera flash or strobe lights. Always ask.
- Have fun, be safe, and be respectful.
No Smoking or vaping. No smoking is allowed indoors in the state of Oregon.