The Warner Grand Theatre is a lavish, art-deco theater opened to the public on January 20, 1931 during the magical decades for films in the 1920s and 1930s. Jack Warner called it "The Castle of Your Dreams." The Warner Grand Theatre was designed by architect B. Marcus Priteca and interior designer A.T. Heinsbergen. Mr. Priteca designed three lavish art-deco palaces which were located in San Pedro, Beverly Hills, and Huntington Park. The Warner Grand is the last of the three original theaters left intact and has been undergoing gradual refurbishment after a thirty-year decline. Priteca later designed Hollywood's famous Pantages Theater.
The Warner Grand Theater is located at 478 W. 6th Street in San Pedro, 90731, in the historic district.
The Grand Annex is a few doors down at 434 W 6th St, Los Angeles.
Midnight Secret Screening (restricted attendance) is blocks away, and the doomed will gather at the Warner Grand on Saturday
If you are flying to the festival, Long Beach Municipal Airport (LGB) is closer than LAX, and is primarily serviced by Jet Blue from most major west coast cities, plus Austin, Boston, Chicago, New York, and Washington DC.
- Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
- 601 S. Palos Verdes Street San Pedro , California 90731
- Hotel Front Desk: 001-310-519-8200, IHG to book
- Use code HPL for a $30-40 discount until March 28th. Good for April 28, 29, 30 and May 1
- 411 South Pacific Avenue, San Pedro, California, USA
+1 310 8310195
$85 a night, up the street
215 S. Gaffey St. San Pedro, CA 90731
$82 a night (free breakfast), about six blocks away.
- Sunrise Hotel ♦ ♦
- 525 S Harbor Blvd, San Pedro, CA 90731
- call for reservations 310-548-1080
- $89 a night
111 S Gaffey St
Next to Vagabond 0.6 miles
516 W 38th St, Los Angeles, CA 90731
Suites from $80; 2 miles south
- DoubleTree by Hilton ♦ ♦♦
- 2800 Via Cabrillo-Marina, Los Angeles, CA 90731
- (310) 514-3344
- $249, at Port of LA; 2 miles away
- Friday street, lot and metered parking are plentiful. Meters are free after 6pm. But note that the Farmers' Market blocks the street 10 am to 3 pm
- Saturday is trickier. All day parking in a lot on 7th St. Or find unmetered parking and walk the short blocks to the venue. Again, after 6 pm meters are free.
- Crafted has free parking all day for Sunday's Events.
- There is a free trolley that travels all around the area, Stopping at the Warner Grand, Whale & Ale and the Crowne Plaza. 2014 schedule still applies.
Adult friendly, LoveCraft Wines will serve wine in the Warner Grand lobby Friday and Saturday. They sponsor the pre fest Speak Easy for special donors, maybe you are one of those. On Sunday LoveCraft Wines is also sponsoring the wine and paint Painting with Pickman featuring Mike Dubisch
Resturant map, and coupon here!
San Pedro Brewing Company 331 W. 6th St. 310-831-5663
Off the Vine Wine Shop 491 W. 6th Street #103 310-831-1551 Host of prefest SPEAK EASY
The Whale and Ale 327 West 7th Street 310-832-0363
Sacred Grounds Coffee 468 West 6th Street 310-514-0800
Senfuku Japanese 380 W. 6th St. 310-832-5585
Porky’s BBQ 362 West 6th Street 310-521-9999
Brite Spot Mexican Restaurant 615 S. Pacific Ave. 310-833-2599
San Pedro Cafe & Deli 605 S. Pacific Ave. #103 310-547-0961
Niko’s Pizza 399 West 6th Street 310-241-1400
Subway Sandwiches 620 S. Centre St. 310-519-1300
Taco Jalisco 740 S. Pacific Ave. 310-521-8258
7th Street Chop House 465 W. 7th St. 310-684-1753
Mishi’s Strudel 309 W. 7th St. 310-832-6474
Think Cafe 302 W. 5th St. #105 310-519-3662
Neil’s Pasta & Seafood Grill 383 W. 5th St. 310-548-3495
Happy Diner 617 S Centre St (310) 241-0917
Beach City Grill 376 W 6th St (310) 833-6345
Baramee Thai 354 W 6th St (310) 521-9466
Krave Seafood Buffet 800 S Pacific Ave (424) 337-1058
NUDA Juice 407 W 6th St (323) 769-9351