Still recovering after the festival but want to announce the winners officially. We'll be updating the awards section once we've re-coded the awards section.
2008 Deep One Screenwriter Awards
The following screenplays were selected as best of out of a field of 54 entries. The head judges were author Robert M. Price, author Joseph S. Pulver, and festival director Andrew Migliore.
- Jeffrey Blake Palmer’s nightmare parade “The Sleeping Deep” won first prize
- Faisal A. Qureshi’s eerie “In Bright Darkness" won runner up
2008 Howie Awards
Both of these gentlemen have used Lovecraft's works as a springboard and have incorporated elements of it into there own works creating something new.
- Author Brian Lumley
- Artist Mike Mignola
2008 Brown Jenkin Awards
The following films were some of the best at this years festival. Through a combination of guest judges, audience feedback, and festival director's input the following films were nominated , with the winners indicated:
- AM 1200 by David Prior — Best of Festival, Best Cosmic Horror Film
- Eel Girl by Paul Campion — Best Short Film, Best Special Effects, Best Comedy
- The Outsider by Doug Bradley — Best Dramatic Reading
- Alien Raiders by Ben Rock — Audience Award Best Feature
Nominated for a Brown Jenkin